Learn how chiropractic can help you have a healthier life. Below are some of the many benefits that chiropractic provides to hundreds of millions of people worldwide.

What is chiropractic?

For over a hundred years chiropractic has been taught and practiced world wide. The profession has been incorporated into primary health care in several countries worldwide and continues to expand. Based on science, philosophy, and art, chiropractic detects, corrects and prevents nervous system interferences (subluxations) by natural means without the use of medication or invasive procedures.

What are Subluxations?

One of the keystones of chiropractic is in its philosophy; understanding that the body has the ability to heal itself from the inside out. Interestingly only about 10% of our nerves are able to sense pain; the other 90% have no sensory innervation and are designed for transmission of information only. This shows us that when we are “painfree”, we are not necessarily healthy. This is why chiropractic is specialized with the study of the nervous system and the effects of stress on producing nerve interferences (subluxations).

What is a chiropractor?

A chiropractor is an expert of the nervous system and how it is functioning. Through many years of study chiropractors are trained in detecting, correcting and preventing subluxations. They are also taught many different adjusting techniques and systems which are suitable for all ages, to remove these subluxations. The art of adjusting is a skill that requires years of study and practice.

Chiropractic adjustments

Chiropractic adjustments are generally quick, high velocity, low amplitude thrusts, done with the chiropractor´s hands to re-aligned vertebrae or articulations into their correct position without the need of medication or invasive procedures. When the vertebrae are correctly aligned, the brain and the body can communicate at 100% of their capability.

Frequently questions

Click here for a list of common asked questions and answers that often arise in the context of chiropractic: